3.21.2011

William Scholotzky III



It was early in the morning, too early for anyone else in the whole world to be awake.  Yeah, I know about all those Asians on the other side, but at this early there’s not too much worrying whether they’re alive right now.  For all care or know, they could be blowing up by landmines planted by Al Qaeda members.  But like I said, no one cares.
“Ouch!” I exclaimed as I hit my head on the corner of the wooden cupboard.  I knew this was going to be a long morning.  The milk was spoiled already, and I had no idea what food was left in the apartment. 
About twenty torturous minutes later, I had my light blue jeans and a stained white T on as I headed for the door. 
Who cares what my mom would’ve said.  “William!  Put on your jacket!  It’s only sixteen degrees outside!  Only an idiot would think about going out there in what you have on right now.”
Little I care about how idiotic I may be right now, I know I’m not gonna put on a stupid coat anytime soon.  October weather is not cold by any means, and I don’t even see why people have coats on in public.  Someone’s gotta make fun of them.
After I left my room, I had to run down seven flights of stairs quickly if I didn’t wanna be for school.  Norris thinks I’ll get suspended if I get another tardy.  He believes eleven’s too much.  He doesn’t know what he’s really talkin’ about.  He just thinks that cuz he’s never gotten a tardy before.  He’s such a kiss up to the teacher, especially the men.  Oh well, I think I might be able to pull off a feasible excuse today.
I finally was out of the complex, and all I had to do was turn the corner and run at full speed.  But life isn’t always that easy.  There was what I thought as the sound of two other boys making an agreement.  I sure hoped it wasn’t anything important or dangerous.  Today just wasn’t my day.
“Hey Easton, take a few before some teacher can spot us out here.  We’re in plain view sight of the school.  Hurry up now!  We don’t have all day!”  I couldn’t exactly depict the voice of the dealer, but I knew he was from our school.
I thought twice about turning the corner, afraid of getting in the middle of their transaction.  But my conscience was urging me to keep moving, and reminded me that I was gonna be late for school.  So I chose nothing but to run right past them as fast as I could, disregarding the option of acting casual.  I completely regret every second from the morning I woke up.
“Hey you kid!  You were listening in on our entire conversation, weren’t you?  Easton, get him!”
I tried to keep running as fast as I could, but stepping on Jordan’s pencil the other day while barefoot definitely slowed down my speed.  They caught up.
The amount of fists that were placed onto my mouth, stomach, and even my chest were more than I could count, or even remember for that matter.  I think my sight went completely black, but I couldn’t really remember much else.  It sounded like fifty voices were screaming at me.  Most of the words sounded like swearing to me.  They must’ve completed whatever task they were heading for, like who can cause the most blood loss.  I was sure knocked for as long as I could remember.  I don’t even recall what I ate the entire day.  Spaghetti sounds right.  Ahh, it still hurts!  I wish I killed those losers a long time ago!


“Does this hurt?” The nurse calmly asked me as she pushed hard on my forehead.  Did she honestly believe that I could possibly say that it didn’t hurt when there was a three inch diameter bruise with a two and a half inch long cut on it?  How careless is she?!  She needs to go take up another profession like bull riding or something far away from people in danger.  I want to be the last one to say that she should not lay foot in this hospital unless she has seventeen broken bones!
Once the nurse left the room, I tried as hard as I could to get myself out of bed and escape this crappy building before anyone noticed.  Yeah, my legs didn’t agree with me this time.  I collapsed harder than I did by my apartment building, and that says a lot.  Fortunately, my arms weren’t too much out of shape, so I managed to crawl out of the dump I never wanted to be close to in a million years. 
Getting into the lobby was no hassle, but all of the people in the waiting room gave me a glaring look.  They must’ve thought I’d come from some abandoned island without food for fifteen years.  I did not look like I belonged in this world.  I don’t blame them, but I wasn’t about to take a shower with all these cuts and bruises.  Stupid Easton!  You and that other loser almost killed me!  I am going to find out his name, and I will find him and teach him who messes with whom.  I can promise him that he won’t be laying another hand on me! 
Walking home wasn’t the most relaxing trip I’ve taken in my life, and I was still scared that those two idiots would be waiting for me to arrive, and then they would come out and ambush me like two leopards attacking a wounded zebra.  One thing I knew was that I wasn’t about to run into the apartment.  I know nothing good comes from running today.  So I decided to leisurely make my way into the apartment complex.  Of course, going to slow would cause some commotion to occur.  My heart almost skipped twenty beats at the sound of:
“Hello William!  Yes, you!” Mr. Harioki, my physics teacher, pointed directly at me as I looked confused with his greeting.
“Why you not at school today? Is it a joke to you?  You know at frequency you going to school you will not make it to col—” his sentence stopped midway at seeing the sight of my cuts and bruises, not to mention my major limp. 
“Oh no, Mr. Scholotzky! What happen to you?  This was not another fight you lost, was it?”  Mr. Harioki asked with concern. 
A fight wasn’t exactly the word I would’ve used, but I definitely lost whatever thing I got into.  However, I didn’t want to flat out tell him that I got the  beaten out of me.  That’s something that I would classify as embarrassing for life.  On the other hand, I didn’t want to lie to him and say I tripped or something lame and I did want to see those two thugs get in big trouble.  So I decided to admit the truth. 
“Well, this mornin’ I was tryin’ not ta be late to school, because I got up late.  So I’s turnin’ and then before I made it around the corner I heard two guys talkin’ ‘bout dealin’ drugs or somethin’ like that.  I got scared of their capabilities to beat me up, but at the same time I knew I was gonna be late if I didn’t hurry.  So I ended up sprinting past them to try to get to school before they would start caring or catch or hurt me, but they caught me and then things started to hurt and get black and my eyes started to swell up right before I think I went unconscious.  Then I woke up in the county hospital, and I escaped before you caught me and then the present began.”
“Who were these guys you claim attack you?”
“I only knew one because the other guy whose identity escapes my mind called him Easton.  The only Easton I believe that is in this entire city is Easton Park.  So you could go ask him and try to make him talk.  It’s strange because he’s not normally the type of guy who would idealize beating up a kid in half of his classes.”
“Well what did other guy look like?  Was he tall, fat, big nose, please specify, I cannot help if you not tell me details.”
“I’m not sure!  He was wearin’ a black hoody and I didn’t get much time to notice details about him.  I was trying to avoid them, not study them.  Anyway, you’re not gonna mark me absent for this, are ya?”
“Not if you telling truth, Mr. Scholotzky.  You could make whole thing up Mr. Scholotzky.
That’s exactly how are our conversation went and ended, and I would assume he took the predicament into his hands.  Now all I need to do is to take some pain killers and heal up so I can go to Easton’s house and knock some sense into that idiot.  I hope he is scared right now, and if I were him, I wouldn’t hold my head up too high right now.  Things are gonna get ugly before they get better, and that’s a fact.  Things need to get even, and my act of righteousness in the worst way possible is the only way that our lives can be even.  Both Easton and the other guy; we will all be even.

No comments:

Post a Comment